The Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Juicer is a high quality masticating juicer powered by a 240-watt motor. The upright design of this device makes it able to fit in small spaces either on the countertop or cupboard when not in use.
Unlike majority of the juicers manufactured by Breville, the Breville BJS600XL Fountain Slow Juicer is about the only masticating juicer from their stables as they renowned worldwide for their line of centrifugal juice extractors. Unlike most conventional masticating juice extractors with horizontal designs, the product manufacturer opted for a vertical and more compact design for this product.
Due to its slow operational speeds (it operates at about 80 rpm), it is able to extract large amounts of juice from relatively dry fruits and leafy vegetables with little liquid content. The quantity of juice yielded with this extractor is always high, regardless of the nature of the fruits involved.
Fruits such as apples, carrots, berries and wheatgrass are no match for this machine. The slow masticating extraction process works very well on soft vegetables and fruits.
- Product name – Breville Fountain Crush Masticating Juicer
- Model number – BJS600XL
- Product Dimensions – 6 x 7.4 x 16.3 inches
- Product weight– 14 pounds
- Shipping Weight -4 pounds
- Type of juicer – Masticating/slow juicer
- Wattage – 240 Watts
- Voltage – 110/120 volts
- Motor speed – 80 rpm
It has a safety feature which serves to protect the juicer from overloading. This overload-protection feature prevents the unit from being clogged up while in use and on the odd occasion that clogging does occur, the juicer has a dual direction control function that reverses the direction of motion and dislodges any clogs present within the unit.
The Breville BJS600XL Fountain Slow Juicer runs very smoothly and quietly and it is even described as being ‘ultra-quiet’ by the manufacturers. This is one of the major selling points of this machine considering the fact that many contemporary juicers are quite loud when in use.
For automatic purification of the juice extract, there is an integrated filter basket within the unit that serves this purpose. The basket also makes post-use clean-up much easier.
This slow juicer has durable parts considering the fact that two of the most important parts of the product (the strainer and auger) are manufactured using Ultem which is a material known to be much more stronger than the regular plastic used in manufacturing other slow juicers.
While there is a ten year warranty on the motor of this product, the other parts come with a one year warranty.
- The Breville BJS600XL Fountain Slow Juicer operates very quietly and is less noisy than its counterparts
- The product has a vertical design which helps conserve space
- It produces good juice quality from most fruits
- The quantity of juice extracted is also appreciable
- After-use cleanup is relatively easy to do
- It has an overload-protection safety feature
- This product has a small feed chute
- It is quite expensive for a juice extractor
- there is no provision on the unit for storing the power cord of the juice extractor
- the product does not have a no juice tap or lid that prevents the juice from dripping
- it is not dishwasher safe
Masticating juicers have some advantages over their centrifugal counterparts and it would appear that the Breville BJS600XL fountain crush juicer is targeted at consumers with a bias for slow juicer extractors.
While the price might discourage some potential users from purchasing this juicer, it does not diminish the fact that this is yet another great product offering from Breville.
Without a doubt, one of the best masticating juice extractors available in the market.