The Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control juicer is a citrus juice extractor with a brushed stainless design exterior. As the name implies, it was specifically designed for extraction of citrus fruit juices and as such, oranges, grapefruits and limes are all expertly extracted by the universal juicing cone of the juicer.
- Product name – Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
- Juicer type – Citrus
- Product shipping weight -6 lbs
- Product dimensions -3 x 7.3 x 11.5 inches
- Model Number – CCJ-500CH
- Wattage – 25 Watts
- Number of speed settings – 1
This extractor has quite a few selling points which make it very apt for juicing. For starters, it sports an adjustable auto-reversing reamer which can be set to 3 different pulp control levels, ranging from low to medium and high as desired.
There is a particular feature which is unique to the Cuisinart CCJ-500 juicer which is known as the Final Spin feature. This serves to maximize the quantity of juice that is extracted from each individual bit of fruit.
This machine has several removable parts which are dishwasher-safe. Hence, after-use clean-up of the unit is relatively easy.
The dust cover of this machine serves the dual purpose of guarding against as well as activating the Final Spin feature of the juicer.
This juice extractor features a long, adjustable drip spout which can be opened and closed as required. This sprout can be adjusted in order for the juicer to accommodate different sizes of glass containers used to collect the extracted juices and also avoid dripping.
Also, it features a sizeable, auto-reversing universal cone which aids the juice extraction process. At the base of the unit, there is a cord-base storage. The juicer itself is not heavy but rather lightweight and it will quite easily fit into most people’s cupboards. Hence, putting it away for storage will not constitute a challenge to users.
The product is shipped with a free complementary recipe book to serve as a guide for the users, some of whom might just be getting involved in the world of juicing.
- The Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus juicer is very easy to use
- It is very lightweight and compact which make it easy to keep away safely until the next time it will be used
- Cuisinart CCJ-500 Citrus juicer is also dishwasher-safe
- The sieve of the juicing unit has adjustable settings for better pulp control
- The brushed metal housing of the juicer makes it very durable
- The product comes with a 3 year warranty
- The citrus juicer is rather tall. It is taller than many other brands of juice extractors
- Its functionality is only limited citrus juices which make it a bit limiting
- The juicer can be a little bit challenging to clean after use
- It is shipped with only one universal cone. The universal cone of this machine is rather too big to efficiently extract juices from limes. Some other models come with two or more sizes of cones
For the price this product is being sold, it is a good bargain by any standard. The three year warranty is another reason why purchasing this product is a no brainer.
Even if it is intended for occasional use, it is still worth buying. In conclusion, you will find that the Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus juicer is more compact and efficient than many more expensive citrus juicers.
That said, anyone who juices regularly but doesn’t particularly need a juicer that is capable of extracting juice from any other type of produce would love this product.