The Nutriteam HD-7700 Juicer is a vertical, auto-cleaning slow juicer with a small footprint. Besides its basic juicing function, it has add-on accessories that enable it to mincing ingredients to be used for sorbets, sauces, salsa etc.
- Manufacturer – Nutriteam
- Product Model Number: HD-7700
- Product Dimensions – 9 x 8 x 18 inches
- Product Weight – 18 pounds
- Product Shipping Weight – 19.2 pounds
- Juicer Type – Vertical Auger Juicer
- Size of Feed Chute – 2.5″ x 1.5″
- Wattage – 200 Watts
- Voltage – 110/120 volts
- Motor Speed – 47 rpm
- Product Warranty – 10 years motor, 1 year parts
It is fitted with a 200 watt motor which is a step up from majority of the vertical juicers on the market. Many vertical juicers have 150 watt motors.
It is predominantly white in colour with a classic modern design. It runs smoothly at a slow operational speed of 47 rpm which confers on this appliance the capability of preserving the natural enzymes in the fruit and vegetable ingredients of the juice. This, in turn, makes the juice stay fresh over a longer time span.
The slow speed of the Nutriteam HD-7700 juicer’s auger prevents air from getting mixed into the juice. Air getting mixed with juice is the main culprit responsible for oxidation and nutrition degradation of the extracted juice. Hence, the Nutriteam HD-7700 Juicer is certain to deliver fresher and more nutritious juice than many of its contemporaries.
It works pretty efficiently and reduces wastage. This is evident from the dry pulp that it yields. When compared to the pulp produced by similarly-configured extractors, this juicer comes out tops in terms of the extent of pulp dryness. While many juice extractors tend to struggle with extracting from leafy greens and hard fruits like carrots, the Nutriteam HD-7700 juicer successfully extracts sizeable juice from them.
Being a low speed juicer, it operates by cutting the produce into smaller bits till they are squeezed through a fine screen mesh that extracts the juice from them. Instead of grinding the ingredients and forcing them through, the juicer’s auger simply chops, grinds and eventually pulls them through.
In terms of cleaning and maintenance, this appliance is not so hard to clean. Using the included scrubbing brush, it will only take a few minutes to wash under running water. Unfortunately, it is not dishwasher-safe.
When in use, it is rather quiet, which is to be expected considering the slow speed of the auger.
The shipped product package contains many of the required accoutrements required to start juicing right away. From the juice extracting bowl, extracting screen, push pole to the cleaning brush, this appliance is ready for use immediately. It even comes with a fully complementary 130 page juice delicious recipe book to get you started.
- It runs smoothly without making too much noise
- The juice obtained with this juicer is greater than what is obtained from other centrifugal juicers
- The resultant pulp is much drier than many other pricier juicer brands
- It works really well on leafy vegetables and hard fruits
- It takes up little space due to its compact design
- It is a durable product that was built to last
- It has a powerful, high grade motor
- The unit’s motor has a 10 year warranty
- Has an automatic pulp ejection feature
- The parts of this machine are not dishwasher safe
- It operates rather slowly
The Nutriteam Model Juice extractor 7700 yields more juice and dryer pulp than the average juicer. It is about $100 cheaper than other brands of similar configuration without any compromise on its features or functionality.
That said, not only is this product cheaper, it also makes fresher juice as explained earlier. So, if you are willing to sacrifice operational speed for good quality juice, then this would be a great choice.
It’s pricing falls within the budget of anyone who is not willing to spend upwards of $300 on the Tribest star juicer since they essentially have the same design.