The Omega VRT350 is a high-powered single auger masticating juicer from the stables of Omega, who are well-known for the good quality of all their product offerings.
Although, the machine looks simple, it packs a lot of punch and while it is suitable for all categories of juicers, those who wish to drink only the highest quality of juice without compromising quality for price will truly appreciate the value of the Omega VRT350 heavy duty vertical juicer.
Others might scoff at the relatively-high price tag but considering the prices of other high end juicers offered by Omega, this product is one of the more affordable juicers available today. The many rave reviews of this product from admirers of its proficiency are testament to its quality.
The juicer is really easy to assemble and dissemble for use/storage even without guidance from the user manual. It is easily done within a couple of minutes.
One of the many features which catch the eye is its sheer power. All that you need to do is, perhaps slice the fruit (depending on the size), and drop it into the feed chute of the juicer and you’re done.
Another great time-feature is the self-cleaning system of the juicer. The product weighs an estimated 18 pounds and has a smallish, compact architecture which help it fit nicely on any surface. This product has a pulp control mechanism which regulate the quantity of pulp that is allowed into the juice.
Here, pulp control is achieved by the action of the juicer’s fine and coarse juicing screens. The extracted juice is able to stand for extended hours without being oxidized because of the low speed utilized during the extraction process and by extension, it infers that the juice will have a higher nutritional value since it contains a higher percentage of essential nutrients which were not destroyed during extraction.
The extraction is done at a speed of 80 revolutions per minute and this slow speed at which the fruits are masticated leads to retention of more nutrients in the juice.
- Product Model Number – VRT350
- Product Dimensions – 7 x 15.5 x 8.5 inches
- Product Weight – 22 pounds
- Product Shipping Weight – 20.8 pounds
- Type of Juicer – Masticating Juicer
- Motor Speed – 80 rpm
- Motor Power – 1/5 HP
- Voltage – 110 – 120 Volts (220 volts model also available)
- Wattage – 150 Watts
- Warranty – 10 years
- This machine is highly efficient at extracting juice from apples
- The extracted juice has a long shelf life and can be stored up for up to 72 hours without losing its quality or undergoing oxidation
- It has a small and compact design making it easy to use and store
- It is able to extract juice from an impressive range of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and grasses.
- Has an aesthetic appeal with its very attractive finish
- It is user friendly
- It does not perform well at extracting juice from carrots
- It operates slowly when juicing
- This machine is rather hard to clean manually and is not dishwasher-safe
- It has a high price tag
- It is not as versatile some other models of Omega juicers
- It is very durable with a solid build
- The small size of the pulp ejection spout often causes clogging to occur
- It yields a sizeable amount of pulp
- It has a small feet chute which increases the preparation time for juicing because the produce need to be cut into smaller bits prior to juicing
It is a great juicer to own, especially for its versatility in juicing fruits of varying degrees of hardness. Being one of the best vertical juice extractors on sale today, the Omega VRT350 is priced at well over $300 in many stores and while many will consider the price to be prohibitive, the Omega VRT350 is feature-rich and well worth its asking price.
So, if you a juicer that does well at juicing apples, this one is for you.